This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago.
- November 4, 2015 at 1:59 pm #128734
AnonymousCharlotte Cars and Coffee-Cancelled for Nov
I wanted to thank everyone for the emails and phone calls with suggestions for locations and encouragement for the process of finding a new location. I has been a process! With help from many there have been lots of locations spotted but little progress on securing a location. I have gotten suggestions from everything like movie theaters, churches, and office locations. Some have been contacts that have been forwarded to me while others have been simply cold calls. The facilities (restrooms) and liability is what stalls most talks. A lot of properties have speratic schedules and Saturday morning at times would conflict.
Please keep the suggestions coming we will probably resume at the begging of the year all depending on if we can secure a location that is good. I have honed in on looking down in South Charlotte near the Arrowood and Westinghouse areas because of the industrial space and access to I-77. We will probably have to add portable restrooms and bring in a food truck for coffee and breakfast but we will work those details out as soon as we secure a lot.
Here are the criteria that we need again:
• At least 700 parking spaces
• Multiple outlets for traffic flow
• Accessible for most of greater Charlotte area
• Close proximity to major roadways
• Access to bathrooms or space to add portable facilities
• Would like to support a local restaurant that serves breakfast and coffee
• Food truck rotation would be an option as well
• Security will continue to be provided by the corporate sponsors and myself through the Mecklenburg
• Facility that has a event policy or would be willing to share responsibility for one.
Stay tuned we are trying very hard to save what we have built as a staple in the Charlotte car community over the past 7 years. It is not a matter of if but when we will find a new home. We will suspend the event until we can secure a new home. Pass the word because several do not refer to the internet for the latest.
I can be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.621.6857
The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.