Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee- march 3rd event postponed!! Please read.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Fellow Cars and Coffee participants

Sorry it has taken me some time this week to post our event. I have been working with the new property managers at North Lake Common to come to an understanding of what our event has become and our ability to work together (different than the general mall property owner. They only own and manage the store fronts were Panera and Fox and the Hound are). Unfortunately we were not able to reach a common ground and I have decided to move the location of Charlotte area cars and coffee for future events. The new location at this time is to be determined. The size that this event as become, the unstructured nature of the event, and the antics of this past month all lead to this decision.

I know this is short notice for our event tomorrow but the weather forecast seems to have had a premonition about this outcome and it is suppose to rain. This may give us a week or more to find an alternative location that really fits our needs and will be mutual with the property owners. Over the years I have been approached by several alternative locations that extended a warm welcome to host our monthly event. I will revisit this list I have collected at this time.

If you could do your part and inform your friends and family members that have enjoyed this event over the past three years of this change I would greatly appreciate it. We thank North Lake Commons for their past hospitality and wish them luck.

Stay tuned to charlottecarsandcoffee.com and other sites to see the change it should be posted this week. I would ask if you are going to attend tomorrow that you part behind Men’s Warehouse they have given us that lead way with the short notice with the understanding that we will be out by April.

Sorry for the short notice and inconvenience. We will figure this out and return to the great event this has become for Charlotte area car enthusiast!

Michael

Brebraevattat
    Participant

Hate to hear it, by far the most enjoyable event I go to every month. I’ve done my best getting the word out to a lot of the younger crowd and the autox guys, we do have some pictures from the date that was “rained out” if anyone knows any of the cars in question we will be happy to try and figure out the owners.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really hate to hear this. Our club has met there since June 2010. The January meet was where the trouble started. There was a Mustang that spun out and about lost control. Dont know the guy, but we dont need this kind of actions. Hope you get us a new place soon Michael.

Bigsouth77
    Participant

I am the President of the Carolina Z Club, and we are there every month, even if it’s just in our daily drivers. Our club-members have always been respectful and mature about it.

At the March C&C there were at least 3 or 4 “burnouts” done by cars that were leaving the event, presumably because it was easy to do on the wet roads and some people just couldn’t resist ruining the event for everybody.

I saw one kid fishtailing it on the access road that splits the two parking lots, talk about dangerous and stupid! This particular person was driving a red Honda S2000 and he returned to the parking lot after his antics, so I went over and had a few words with him about what he just did. He was with a group of 18-20 year-olds (best guess) with hoodies, and justified his actions by telling me a friend was filming it!

Even though we should all self-police as I did, once it’s done it’s done and the damage irreversible.

When you figure out where the new home will be, I would like to discuss with Michael a way to keep a “ban list” for people who may jeopardize the event, and a self-policing system we can all take part in. Another idea is to have a flyer with the etiquette rules that should be placed on the windshield of all the cars that are parked there, but of course now that incurs a cost and a volunteer base. Arrgg! I can’t believe a few people that lack restraint just damaged the best monthly event in the Charlotte area.

Michael, PM me for any reason.

Harmless Dave
    Participant

I am the manager of the O’Reilly Auto Parts on North Tryon and we would love to host Cars & Coffee Charlotte. We have a fairly sizable parking lot, one of the Mopar guys that attends C&CC thinks we may have enough space. I would also be willing to talk with the Lions Association that is next door to us in the old Lowe’s building, to see if we can expand into their parking lot for the event (I don’t think they are even open on Saturdays), their lot is about the same size as ours.

I would even supply the coffee ohsnap

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Camaro Freak 65224 wrote:

Really hate to hear this. Our club has met there since June 2010. The January meet was where the trouble started. There was a Mustang that spun out and about lost control. Dont know the guy, but we dont need this kind of actions. Hope you get us a new place soon Michael.

Could this be the tool with the poor judgement? Caught on vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3yPQi95rM

Michael, if I can do anything to help, please let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.