Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee – Location Change Update!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bigsouth77
    Participant

You can bet the Carolina Z Club will be there

Anonymous
    Inactive

absolutely cannot wait!!! This will be an interesting place to have the meet, parking lot seems big enough and it appears that we will all be together, not separated across lots like NL mall.

slicksw20

do we have a confirmed date in May? Or just the first Saturday?

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, can we get confirmation that this Saturday is a go or not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

[TABLE=”class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center”]
    [TR]
    [TD=”class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F5FF”]

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee – Uptown Charlotte

Mattie’s Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday May 5th, 2012

7:30am until!
    1st Saturday of every month!(weather permitting- rain date the 2nd Sat)

We’re back! Cars and Coffee has found a new home! Thank you for your patience and desire to keep this now Charlotte staple alive in this car crazy community. I believe all things happen for a reason and our new location will fit us better as it is accessible to more of Charlotte, as well as it is a space more conducive for us to grow and prosper. I’m excited about the new location because we are working with locally owned and operated businesses. The main lot is huge as it has ~700 spaces. That being said the spaces closest to the Diner should be reserved for regular diner patrons. If local car clubs or groups want to park together there is amble space to do so, there are four separate entrances to the lot, the closest to Mattie’s may not be ‘low car friendly’ so try the other three. If needed their are additional lots that we can use if we happen to fill this one (highly doubt it but there are options).

Mattie’s Diner is a fantastic old school eatery that is located at the front of the property. Matt has made some slight changes to accommodate the size of our crowd so bare with them as they learn our needs. There will be coffee as expected, carry out baked items and sit down full breakfasts if you desire, the space is cozy so be prepared. The owner of NC Music Factory has graciously offered the use of this property and in order to respect the jester we need to do our part. Below are a few bylaws we have to follow in order to continue to use the facility. If we ware out our welcome here we are pretty much without options! I can not begin to tell you how much of a challenge it has been to relocate and find a new car friendly location!

Here are the very simple rules:

Absolutely no burnouts or horse play in the lot or the roads out front. It is irresponsible and safety is a huge concern for us. We trust your car is fast and you have unbelievable skills, there is no need to show us!

No vendors will be allowed to set up tables, booths or tents. As before you can hand out fliers if you wish but no signage or structures allowed.

The Uptown division of the Mecklenburg police department are well aware of our event and will patrol the area. Speeding and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated.

We need to leave the facilities better than we find them on each visit. NC Music Factory is letting us use this facility free of charge so we need to respect it There are trash cans throughout the property please do please do not litter.

Parking nearest to the Diner is reserved for regular restaurant patrons. We have the other 662 spaces!

That’s it for now, very simple. Sometimes you don’t know how good you have something until it is gone. I miss getting my monthly fix of beautiful machines and wonderful car crazy individuals. The weather looks great so far for Saturday morning, tell your friends, family, co- workers and neighbors to come out and enjoy. Looking forward to enjoying our wonderful new home for Charlotte cars and Coffee.

See you Saturday

Michael__________________
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Came out with the Z Club on Saturday and we all think the new location is great. Only (mild) complaint I could cite is the lack of breakfast options which we had (and were spoiled by) with Panera. The behind the Diner table was okay, but would have been nice if they had some premade breakfast bisquits or something. That’s a very minor issue IMO tho.

Thanks, Michael, for getting us a new home. Looking forward to next month already.

Rhett

@mcduck 67299 wrote:

Came out with the Z Club on Saturday and we all think the new location is great. Only (mild) complaint I could cite is the lack of breakfast options which we had (and were spoiled by) with Panera. The behind the Diner table was okay, but would have been nice if they had some premade breakfast bisquits or something. That’s a very minor issue IMO tho.

Thanks, Michael, for getting us a new home. Looking forward to next month already.

How was the turnout? I hope to see a lot of people in June.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mattie is working on some more quick carry items and this type of feedback is necessary for him to get this correct. It will take us a bit to get this down to a science so bare with us. Thank you for the feedback.

MC

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.