Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee – Location Change Update!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,

Thanks to all for the kind notes of encouragement on trying to keep our ‘little’ event afloat! Yes I hate that we have to move such a good thing due to a few hiccups but it is what it is now. All things happen for a reason and we hope to find a new local that is bigger and more accepting overall. It has taken us three years to get the word out to grow this event so I don’t expect it to transform overnight. I informed the North Lake Commons property manager that many have heard of this via word of month and the internet postings do little to drive them to the event. I guess that this may take 2-3 months to really get around that this has moved so the pressure is on to find a new home.

This is proving to be a bigger bear to move than I originally thought. The suggestions that some of you have given has been good and are a tremendous help to this cause. The challenge is that none of them have been able to fit the key criteria (this may be a root cause of the issue of finding a place, maybe no place is perfect!).

-it needs to be near a main artery of the city. (I-85, I-77, 285, etc). Too far into the interior and logistics gets to be an issue.
    -it has to be a location that has facilities open early enough to purchase coffee, breakfast foods, and be able to use the restrooms on site. Also our presence can’t be a hinderance to traffic, existing businesses or public safety.
    -it has to have property owners or managers that are accepting of the concept and willing to be a host (bigger issue than many of you can imagine)

Not a long list but one that has proven to be a bit challenging to fill. Please continue to send suggestions my way and I will check them out. I do not claim to be an expert on all things Charlotte so your help is appreciated greatly. Be patient and we will have a solution very soon. Please forgive me if I don’t respond right away, I have managed to post this on around 40+ different sites long with Facebook and Linked In which has created an administrative surplus as you can imagine.

Thanks again,

Michael

DFW Sky
    Participant

Thank you for the update Michael!!

As I said in the PM, if I or my contacts can be of help, please let me know.

kartinkent
    Participant

Michael,

Please give me a call at 704-455-4465. zMAX dragway and Charlotte Motor Speedway would be interested in speaking with you about hosting your group.

Thanks,

Kyle E.

sck

Either of those two places would be awesome. I was at Zmax this past Saturday, I think it would meet all the criteria very well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Thomasmot 65590 wrote:

Either of those two places would be awesome. I was at Zmax this past Saturday, I think it would meet all the criteria very well.

I agree!! Need to get a place pretty quick. Looks like spring time is here and car enthusiast are ready to hit the road.

Harmless Dave
    Participant

Michael,
    We would be more than happy to host C&C. O’Reilly Auto Parts, 4700 North Tryon.

– Near main artery of the city: Check. Near-by access of I-85, I-77, I-277 and I-485.

– Property owners/managers accepting of the concept and willing to host: Check. Automotive is our business.

– Location that has facilities open early enough to purchase coffee: I don’t have coffee for sale, but we make a large pot everyday for public consumption and we open at 7:30 AM.

– Breakfast foods: Dunkin’ Donuts is nearby, so is Texas Roadhouse.

– Be able to use the restrooms on site: Check. Not a problem.

– Also our presence can’t be a hinderance to traffic, existing businesses or public safety: Check. The plumbing company behind us is closed on Saturday and the Lions Association next door is also closed on Saturday, IIRC.

I would be willing to talk to the property manager of the Lions Association building next door to us to see if we can get their parking lot as well.

Email me at emcintosh83@gmail.com or call me at the store 704-596-9840 if your interested.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to all that have responded. This has taken on a life of its own and I am hopefully going to have a spot this week. It has proven to be more difficult than what it seems. We want to keep this event alive it just has to be right. Stay tuned. . . .

DFW Sky
    Participant

Thanks for all your hard work, events like this are great, but can be a heavy load to bear at times.

Please know that if you need assistance, we have many people and local organizations that can assist, definitely let us help you with whatever we can.

David

promanz

zMax and/or the Speedway would be a great location, lots of room to grow and cars could go down the strip in controlled environment instead of doing burnout’s in the parking lot with people and kids around.

Jonny
    Participant

I’d like to put in my 2 cents worth for the SC crowd. Please keep us in mind in selection of the new central location in town.

Thanks,
    John Helgesen
    Stahlwerks.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Michael, thank you for all the effort you have and are putting into this event.

I’ve been coming since that first C&C in a cold December several years ago and love that it has grown and become the most inclusive and well-attended car meet in our area. I make it at least every other month and always see something new and cool I had not seen previously. So I sincerely hope a new location can be found. I certainly appreciate the difficulty involved in finding an approprate location for 200+ cars to meet and be welcomed (refer to an event called ZDayZ I started back in 2004… http://www.zdayz.com)

That said, I’ll go on board and say I think ZMax or the Speedway is a horrible idea for location. First, there is no food, beverage (coffee), or restroom convenient. And if they open the onsite providers for food early, I’ll guarantee they will overcharge for simple morning snacks. Also, having direct access to the dragstrip may seem like a good idea, but I bet most coming to C&C won’t be interesting in racing their cars and those that are probably already go to separate Test & Tune events and such. In that same regard, what happens when the 1st Saturday of the month falls on the same weekend as an NHRA event or AutoFair or some other bigger activity at the Speedway complex? Do we get pushed aside? Change the C&C date? Most importantly though, it doesn’t seem very centrally located.

Good luck in the search. Hoping we have a new home before April 7th arrives!

baueque
    Participant

Are people really complaining about driving to a car show? We’re talking about an extra 15 to 20 minutes of drive time to Zmax. Isn’t the point of having a nice car is to drive it? That being said any updates?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes we have a new home! We will now be located at the NC Music Factory/Mattie’s Diner Uptown Charlotte off of Graham St. It is a great location and will accomidate all of our needs. I am very excited and think that this is going to be a great location for us in the long run. We have a few more details to pick up before they can host the event so it looks like May will be the earliest. I think that if we take the time to lay out the details this will be our home for a long time to come. Thanks for the suggestions and I think that this new central location will be ideal for everyone in the Charlotte area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MC36 66147 wrote:

Yes we have a new home! We will now be located at the NC Music Factory/Mattie’s Diner Uptown Charlotte off of Graham St. It is a great location and will accomidate all of our needs. I am very excited and think that this is going to be a great location for us in the long run. We have a few more details to pick up before they can host the event so it looks like May will be the earliest. I think that if we take the time to lay out the details this will be our home for a long time to come. Thanks for the suggestions and I think that this new central location will be ideal for everyone in the Charlotte area.

GREAT NEWS Mike!!! Thanks for getting this done. 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas will see you at the new site!

Anonymous
    Inactive

that will be a great location, Mike… thanks again for your efforts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.