- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- August 16, 2009 at 6:47 pm #127131AnonymousInactiveCharlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake – Saturday Sept 5th Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics
1st Saturday of every monthSept 5th 2009Panera Bread CompanyNorth Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
8 am- until
See you there!
Looking forward to the 10th addition to Charlotte Cars and Coffee on Saturday, Sept 5th! Aug’s event was a success even with the hint of rain. Several new and exciting cars were in attendence as word spreads we continue to get many new comers as well as old favorites returning for the awesome views and great conversations. Grab your neighbors and co-workers who many love the sites to join in the fun. Many of you will have returned from your summer vacations with kids starting school so the turn out should be awesome. Also, what a ‘great’ example of striving for higher education than the display of cool iron at C&C, bring your kids and teach them a lesson!
Check out the updated pictures on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!
***IMPORTANT UPDATE:*** I have had several request for vendors over the last 10 months to partisipate in this growing event. Unfortunitly the mall management has asked that we do not have any vendors displaying and selling their goods at our event. It is suppose to be strickly a social gathering and any ‘selling of goods’ is looked at by the mall management as competition from their tenets (as well as violates taxes laws, etc). It also takes up much needed space for C&C traffic as well as regular store traffic.
If you would like to bring flyers that explain your products and have your contact info on them that is fine, but displaying and selling is out of the question. We risk loosing the right to use the North Lake property if we have vendors setting up there. Thank you for complying and respecting this rule that the mall managment has established.
Also they have asked that we leave the parking spaces adjacent to the Panera (on both sides) open for ‘normal’ traffic. It is apparent that some people that are not as car friendly have parked there and opened car doors on other cars and not left much room. I would avoid these spaces to avoid a visit to the Dent Wizard!
As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
- The 8 AM start time is working well, it is not so hot and we all can go about our normal Saturday business after a few hours gawking at great rides. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11AM.
- We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept’s North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling ‘helping’ us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
- In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
- Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy). Also the parking lot directly adjacent to the Panera should be reserved for other customers, try to move over towards the central parking lot and the one next to PF Chang’s to give the normal traffic a place to park.
- Continue to support Panera and other businesses in the area, the management has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.
See you soon,
- The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.