- This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- April 23, 2009 at 5:02 am #126911AnonymousInactiveCharlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake – May 2nd
1st Saturday of every month
May 2nd 2009Panera Bread Company
North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
8 am- until
See you there!
Looking forward to the 6th addition to Charlotte Cars and Coffee on May 2nd. In April there was a lot going on car wise in Charlotte on the 4th, but we managed to still have a very awesome turnout! The Lowe’s Auto Fair and the CAFE event took some of the regulars but hopefully every one will be back next Saturday. Even with the smaller turnout a lot of new and exciting exotics showed up and the weather could not have been better. I am looking forward to another awesome turn out on Saturday May 2nd!.
We got a chance to see some truely remarkable cars this last time out, a Bentley, 2 new Lambos, AMG CLK 63, ZR1 etc! Check out the updated pictures on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!
As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
- The 8 AM start time is working well, it is not so hot and we all can go about our normal Saturday business after a few hours gawking at great rides. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11 AM.
- We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept’s North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling ‘helping’ us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
- In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
- Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy)
- Continue to support Panera and Starbucks, the management of both has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering. Word is that this Starbucks location may be one of the 600 around the nation to close. Hopefully we can delay their fate! They both promised to increase staffing too so that we are waiting in line less and they will have plenty of food and coffee on tap ready to go so that we can return to the parking lot to check out the cars.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.
See you soon,
MichaelMay 1, 2009 at 12:05 am #131321AnonymousInactive
As a newbie to the Cars and Coffee meet, do any of the members gather for a ride on local twisties afterwards?May 1, 2009 at 6:47 am #131318AnonymousInactive
Not sure, I do hope there’s a Big turnout and it would be nice to go for a drive after.May 1, 2009 at 11:42 pm #131322AnonymousInactive
Then look for the grey RX-8 with the Mazdaspeed wing and we’ll rally some others.
I’m pretty sure a Superformance Cobra would join us, too.May 2, 2009 at 6:20 pm #131320AnonymousInactive
Hated to miss this morning. Just couldn’t get away from family with wife due any day now.
If anyone is ever interested in a group drive – I live in Balantyne and have a great 1 1/2 hour route through the Waxhaw area around Cane Creek Park. CMPD has become “aware” of the Cars and Coffee gatherings so getting some distance from that venue is probably not a bad idea. Not to mention the loop I usually run with the Shelby or the bikes is almost “police free”. You can have a spirited ride without too much concern about getting into trouble as long as no one is doing anything stupid.
Hopefully will make it next month and then anyone who wants to join me is welcome.drivesmileMay 3, 2009 at 8:36 pm #131323AnonymousInactive
I’m trying to rally the RX-8 club to attend. I’m sure that we’d get a few of them to run with us.
We’ll try to keep up. 🙂May 5, 2009 at 12:45 am #131319AnonymousInactive
Here are some pics from the May event: http://bimmerdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3301
- The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.