- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 30, 2009 at 12:49 am #126971AnonymousInactiveCharlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake – June 6th
1st Saturday of every month
June 6th 2009
Panera Bread Company
North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
8 am- until
See you there!
Looking forward to the 7th addition to Charlotte Cars and Coffee on June 6th. In May there was a threat of rain so the turnout was smaller than normal but it held off long enough for us to have a decent turnout with some fabulous cars. Even with the smaller turnout a lot of new and exciting exotics showed up and the weather could not have been better.
Check out the updated pictures on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!
As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
- The 8 AM start time is working well, it is not so hot and we all can go about our normal Saturday business after a few hours gawking at great rides. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11 AM.
- We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept’s North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling ‘helping’ us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
- In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
- Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy)
- Continue to support Panera and Starbucks, the management of both has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering. Word is that this Starbucks location may be one of the 600 around the nation to close. Hopefully we can delay their fate! They both promised to increase staffing too so that we are waiting in line less and they will have plenty of food and coffee on tap ready to go so that we can return to the parking lot to check out the cars.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.
See you soon,
MichaelJune 6, 2009 at 12:37 am #131456AnonymousInactive
Planning to make this one as long as weather permits. See you in the morning.drivesmileJune 6, 2009 at 4:01 pm #131457AnonymousInactive
Nice turn out this morning! I’m glad I finally made it and enjoyed meeting many of you. I noticed there were over 100 views of this thread and would really like to see some more people post up on a regular basis so we can develop opportunities for more outings. For example, I’d be happy to volunteer some time to lead a group through some fun twisty mountain roads or local roads through the country. We could work on a deal with the Biltmore Estate for an overnight gathering of car guys/familes if there is enough interest. Just a couple of ideas I have been thinking of.
So if you have not already done so, I would encourage you to create a user ID and lets plan more events/informal gatherings where we can drive our cars and enjoy some great “car guy” comradery.drivesmileJune 14, 2009 at 11:29 pm #131459AnonymousInactive
figured id join and post up! my dad and i were at the cars and coffee and it was great. we were in the dinan 335. hopefully if i can get my car fixed before the next one it will be him (dinan 335), my s2k, my friends firehawk, friends 350z, friends s2k, and my friends Rx8. so hopefully it will be all of us at the next one but maby minus one of the s2000! see yall July 4th!!! same time i expect!July 3, 2009 at 2:57 pm #131458AnonymousInactive
The June meeting was my first time out and I really enjoyed it.
+1 on the Biltmore Estate trip drivesmile I was in Blowing Rock last weekend.
- The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.