- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- June 22, 2009 at 8:32 am #127031AnonymousInactiveCharlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake – July 4thExotics/Sports Cars/Classics
1st Saturday of every month
July 4th 2009Panera Bread Company
North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
8 am- until
See you there!
Looking forward to the 8th addition to Charlotte Cars and Coffee on July 4th!In May and June we had to contend with some threating weather and other car events that keep many at bay. Even with the smaller turnout a lot of new and exciting exotics showed up and the weather could not have been better.
July 4th we will all be celebrating our great Nation’s Independence Day, what could be better than getting out and enjoying one of America’s great passions, cars! I have gotten a lot of PMs asking if we are having it on our nation’s holiday and the answer is YES! Many have stated that they are not traveling this year or they have family members joining them in town and are looking for a great outing like this to take them to in the morning before the festivities begin.
Check out the updated pictures on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!
As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
- The 8 AM start time is working well, it is not so hot and we all can go about our normal Saturday business after a few hours gawking at great rides. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11AM.
- We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept’s North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling ‘helping’ us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
- In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
- Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy). Also the parking lot directly adjacent to the Panera should be reserved for other customers, try to move over towards the central parking lot and the one next to PF Chang’s to give the normal traffic a place to park.
- Continue to support Panera and other businesses in the area, the management has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.
See you soon,
MichaelJune 22, 2009 at 8:04 pm #131579AnonymousInactive
There was a request earlier to change the date. Any chance we can post pone one week as many people will be out of town for the 4th (including myself)?:ahh!:July 4, 2009 at 3:50 pm #131580July 5, 2009 at 8:36 pm #131578AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting the pictures from yesterday! Smaller turn out but still a lot of cool iron. Several cars we have yet to see the two ventage Rolls and the Z8, great additions.
Looks like you are fighting with your lens hood a bit on some of your shots.
- The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.