Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" at North Lake- Aug 1st!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Charlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake – Saturday Aug 1st Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics
    1st Saturday of every month

Aug 1st 2009
    Panera Bread Company
    North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
    6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
    8 am- until
    Weather Permitting
    See you there!

Hello All,

Looking forward to the 9th addition to Charlotte Cars and Coffee on Aug 1st! Even though last months event fell on a national holiday we had a great turn out and many interesting additions to the event. As word spreads we continue to get many new comers as well as old favorites returning for the awesome views and great conversations. Grab your neighbors and co-workers who many love the sites to join in the fun.

Check out the updated pictures on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on http://www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!

As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:

The 8 AM start time is working well, it is not so hot and we all can go about our normal Saturday business after a few hours gawking at great rides. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11AM.
    We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept’s North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling ‘helping’ us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
    In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
    Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy). Also the parking lot directly adjacent to the Panera should be reserved for other customers, try to move over towards the central parking lot and the one next to PF Chang’s to give the normal traffic a place to park.
    Continue to support Panera and other businesses in the area, the management has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.

See you soon,

Michael

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a car show for newer model cars Saturday also. It will be at the Sonic Drive-In on Forest Point Blvd in Charlotte and runs from 10am-3pm.

I am planning to attend C&C and leave right at 10am to head to the car show. If anyone is interested in going, just look for me at C&C. I drive the red Nissan GT-R that has been there a few times before.

Here is a link to the event flyer…
    http://www.ultimatestreetmachines.net/_mgxroot/page_10781.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.