Change the location

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to attend this event on a regular basis but the selected location is far from Central Denver. I doubt this note will make a difference, but these shows around the country are great, I am just very disappointed that the location was chosen without forethought for those in us that don’t live in extreme southeast Denver (if that is even still considered Denver).

Anonymous
    Inactive

We looked at several locations including Northfield where Bass Pro Shops is on I70.

The problem was that the Malls wanted to charge us to use the parking lot and some of the requirements to get a permit from the various cities were impossible to comply with.

Southlands was very gracious and allowed us to use their lot for free. Also, Aurora made it very easy to get a permit.

I guess it is a sign of the times that the Malls and cities are looking to make a buck everywhere they can.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s only 45-50 minutes from BOULDER. Anywhere in the Denver metro area, you’re looking at a 10-30 minute drive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have lived quite a few larger cities and Denver is not one of them. No worries boys, I just wanted to give you some feedback. I will come sometime with I doubt very often simply b/c it is not worth the drive to me. (I have tried to talk to some others in my community and the sentiment seems to be the same)…oh well…it is what it is..good luck and I hope to see you sometime this summer.

Cobra Kramer

Anonymous
    Inactive

No matter where we held it, it would be inconvenient to someone.

We tried to pick an upscale mall close to a major highway that wanted us. Believe it or not, that wasn’t as easy to find as you might think.

Southlands was appealing as it has good restaurants, nice shops for the other half, a farmers market that starts this weekend, and is close to 470.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the Great Indoors not an option as it was in April? What time is it start at Southlands?? I saw 8am and 9am?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Great Indoors is a different event. They go from 7am-10am.

Southlands is 9am until noon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually love the location.

I find that too many of the GTG type events for car stuff are on the far west side of town, Boulder etc. Very nice to see something out east.

Many of the nearby new homes are 4+ car garages. So you would think that the area is filling with some car enthusiasts. hellosmile

(and I have never seen a true enthusiast complain about having to drive their car)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Cole;24353 wrote:
    I actually love the location.

I find that too many of the GTG type events for car stuff are on the far west side of town, Boulder etc. Very nice to see something out east.

Many of the nearby new homes are 4+ car garages. So you would think that the area is filling with some car enthusiasts. hellosmile

(and I have never seen a true enthusiast complain about having to drive their car)

I second that, i find that so many GtG are up north or west. It’s nice to have a near by GtG. It’s also near the Interstate and E-470

I know of a few people out by me who would go. and quite a few of the big car enthusiasts live near by.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    RedGT;24291 wrote:
    The Great Indoors is a different event. They go from 7am-10am.

Southlands is 9am until noon.

8am – 10am and there is a cruise to “Southlands” from GI @10am for those that want to go to both 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

drivesmiledrivesmileI enjoy the drive from way up North in Erie each Saturday. The wife and I found a great pizza place in Southlands after yesterday’s meet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Denver’ is closed to new topics and replies.