Cars & Coffee: May 7th – Why?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Fubar 53988 wrote:

The boys at Classic BMW are doing a great job. The event has been overrun with ‘ho-hum’ cars because it draws a crowd. I think Classic should cone off the entire parking lot and only allow parking for cars that cost north of $100,000. That would weed out the riff-raff. Then if they want to make exceptions for “interesting” they can. Gawkers can park in the field across the street. That’s basically what they do in southern California.

No, that is not how they do it in So Cal.

Dude, you are sounding like a snob and are full of it.

In California they have just as many street rods, muscle cars, and exotics as we do in Dallas and in fact the Dallas show is larger than it. A majority of the cars are south of 100k…because my cars are worth less than 100 I am riff-raff?

You gonna kick out my hot rodded 32 Ford coupe for your GT? You really wanna go there? I don’t because it is pointless but you should see the issue.

Just because you don’t like a certain type of car does not mean other people might not.

The real problem at this show is late model clubs showing up and blocking off parking spots with chairs and cones for their late arriving buddies and being jerks about it. That and the burn out morons. That is what is messing up the show, not the price of a car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man, you guys keep looking down your noses at late model American stuff and complain that a lot of it is stock and yet almost every exotic is bone stock and a good portion of them have dealer tags on them.

Give me a break.

Lots of cool muscle cars and street rods show up too…you gonna thumb your nose at a Superbird?

I was asked by some buddies to bring my new Boss 302 out because most people still have not seen one…am I a problem because of that?

Most of the time I bring a street rod or muscle car of vintage make, and they are not 100k cars…that means I should stay home?

That IS the tone several of you are putting out…

Anonymous
    Inactive

When did Cars & Coffee turn into an elitist rich-guy car show?

Anonymous

bla bla bla, I get that you are proud of your 2004 Mustang Coupe. It’s a great car! I love my little CTS. It doesn’t belong at Car’s and Coffee. I’m not trying to piss in your Wheaties. It’s just that Classic needs a policy that helps them narrow down the field of cars. As for the ’32 coupe… it would be an exception. The idea is that rare cars attend, that lots people want to see. Make the cutoff $150k. Then I wont be allowed in either. Make the cutoff $50k but if you want that show to continue, you will have to find a way to weed out 60% of the cars that want to park in the middle.

Anonymous

btw, I think I am the only one saying this publicly. So you can blame me. In spite of what you might think, I don’t believe ‘money makes you better,’ but it’s got to count for something at a car show. If it didn’t we’d all be driving McLaren. It’s not nice, it’s just true.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really? Because I could swear on the main page, it says this…

Cars and Coffeeâ„¢ Dallas is a gathering of auto enthusiasts where hundreds of proud drivers will congregate to kick tires and have a cup of coffee. There will be something for everyone to enjoy; classics, exotics, concepts, hotrods, motorcycles and motor-sport. And it’s all free, minus the coffee of course.

I couldn’t find it anywhere that said only “$100k+ cars only, everyone else stay home.” None of the “other” people with lesser cars have ever had a complaint about all the Ferrari’s, Lambos, and other unobtanium showing up en mass. But you guys seem to have a problem with them and I can’t see why. This is not your car show and they are not your rules. If you want high-end only, then by all means start your own show and I would love to come spectate. Until then you have no leg to stand on so lighten up and enjoy the show instead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I for one hope that bickering over parking and the burn outs stop and that nobody causes issues that get the show shut down, it a great event that is fun and has raised money for good causes.

I can’t even begin to respond at this point to the nonsense of the value of a car being the guide to who should or should not be allowed to grace the lot…

I will proudly be one of the “riff raff” with my sub 50k cars that goes to have fun, donate money, and check out all the other cool cars…be they a 20k MG or a 200k exotic.

Anonymous

@Anderson 55147 wrote:

Really? Because I could swear on the main page, it says this..

don’t get all butthurt. There are just too many cars at this event. I made a suggestion. In SoCal the entrance to the “meet” is setup so that the gatekeepers can send a car to the parking lot or to the C&C meet. Yes there are lots of cars that cost less than 100k at that event, but there are not 80 spots filled with Mustangs. How do they make that decision? Because every other C&C in the country is trying to emulate that level of excellence. Again, I’m not trying to tweak your delicate ego but I’d rather see a Bugatti than a modded (or stock) Nissan. Quit being mad and just admit I’m right.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t know where you see anybody getting mad.

I think you are wrong and I am ok to agree to disagree. I’m sorry you feel the need for everyone else to heed to your superior opnions…must be nice to always be right!

I would just as soon be excited to look at a modified Volkswagen or Buick or anything than I would a row of stock Murcielagos and Gallardos if we’re being honest. But I can appreciate them all just the same without bias.

Anonymous

@Anderson 55154 wrote:

Don’t know where you see anybody getting mad. [/quote]oh I thought when you started to change the things I typed to fit the things you were thinking, it was a sign of delusional anger.

@Anderson 55154 wrote:

I think you are wrong and I am ok to agree to disagree. I’m sorry you feel the need for everyone else to heed to your superior opnions…must be nice to always be right![/quote]except for your jab at the end, I couldn’t agree more with this.

Cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have a good night, friend! See you next month.

tiga2

It ok for some stock mustangs or stock whatever to be there but not when they start to overrun the place like a bunch of asian carp taking over the great lakes! Cars and Coffee has made the effort to post up flags so ppl can park with there corresponding country and to help with the organization. What sense does it make for an american car to park smack in the middle of the japanese section when there is an American section? If your section is full then get there earlier next time or look for a space that is not intended for other makes and models…The July C&C had very few exotics compared to the last few. I don’t know if this was bc of the July 4 holiday or bc of the domestic cars overrunning the place with numerous stock cars. It is a car show meaning ppl goto look at cars, usually this means a car that sticks out or is not your everyday car. @ Byron, Again, some stock cars are ok and should be appreciated but when you get 30+ of the exact same thing most ppl stop looking at them after the 5th or 6th one in a row!!

LRKSFAG
    Participant

@Drstacks 55436 wrote:

It ok for some stock mustangs or stock whatever to be there but not when they start to overrun the place like a bunch of Asian carp taking over the great lakes! Cars and Coffee has made the effort to post up flags so ppl can park with there corresponding country and to help with the organization. What sense does it make for an American car to park smack in the middle of the Japanese section when there is an American section? If your section is full then get there earlier next time or look for a space that is not intended for other makes and models…The July C&C had very few exotics compared to the last few. I don’t know if this was bc of the July 4 holiday or bc of the domestic cars overrunning the place with numerous stock cars. It is a car show meaning ppl goto look at cars, usually this means a car that sticks out or is not your everyday car. @ Byron, Again, some stock cars are ok and should be appreciated but when you get 30+ of the exact same thing most ppl stop looking at them after the 5th or 6th one in a row!!

I’m gonna go out on a limb here , and say it was the holiday weekend and the heat combined

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW,
    What a great event, I would not want to guess the $$$ Classic BMW spends each month just so we can bring the cars we love and view all the interesting vehicles. Plus the opportunity to meet some old friends and make some new ones. By the way the coffee and pancakes are also great and thank you to those venders. Hats off to the ownership of Classic BMW, there great staff and volunteers who work the event. I truly look forward each month to Cars & Coffee and it doesn’t bother me that some Italian beauty may be parked next to my Pacer. Hope to see you all this Saturday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

……Word!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.