Cars & Coffee: May 7th – Why?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I really hope that the organizers of the event read this.

We went over to Cars & Coffee today, and arrived at around 7:30 AM.
    To our disbelief, many of the rare/awesome cars have gone a circle or two around the parking lot, then left!
    The reason?
    No parking space for their special cars in the designated areas!
    Why?
    Because people have parked their Mazda 6s, Honda Civics and other such cars in those areas where the special cars should be.

The staff on hand at Cars & Coffee should be right there directing all the cars, so things like this DO NOT happen!

No offense, but who wants to look at a regular black Honda Civic parked right next to let’s say a Porsche??
    Why can’t the organizers direct such everyday cars to an area closer to the outskirts of the parking lot?

We came home with a sour taste in the mouth. I know the event is for charity, but more organization would lead to more people coming (and staying) with their rare cars, and that would lead to more visitors/donators coming (and also staying).

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, this is spooky. I just registered and logged on to post the exact same thing. I showed up this morning at 7:45, only to sit through traffic for 15 minutes before I could get in and drive through and out the other side. I’ve been going off and on since day 1, but this is by far the worst it has been. When it first started, it was a good mix of antique/classic/exoctic/late model, but now has become about 80% late model. Who wants to see 300 corvettes, camaros, and Mustangs, fresh off a dealer lot? They need to set up aisles for the specific periods (1900-1950/1960-1980, etc), and when they are full, send the rest home. When I left at 8:00, there had to still be another 100+ cars waiting to get in. It’s great to see such a large turnout, and I’m sure Classic loves it, but I think they need to get back to making it more diverse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was the same last month…This event has outgrown the venue is all. it needs a bigger space! Maybe it should move to the Dr. Pepper Ballpark parking lots?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would be very cool. I wonder what it would take to do something like that. When I visit my in-laws in Rhode Island, we go to the show at Gillette Stadium. They routinely get 800+ cars, and never run out of room.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a little excerpt I found from the Irvine Cars & Coffee, please read it.
    Obviously, the Dallas Cars & Coffee is not the first event to encounter such a problem like we see now:

“We frown on commercial activity at C&C. Even selling your car must be done discreetly (no big signs). If people are interested in your car, trust us, they will see a small business card or advert on your seat. Even us, we only show something if it is of interest at C&C.

What makes it “of interest?” How to define “unusual?” You’d get lots of opinions on that. One suggestion we’ve heard is… cars that aren’t driven to work every day. If it’s a car that is driven every day, odds are, it’s not a car that will get people out of bed at 6 a.m. on a Saturday. Of course there will be a few exceptions (we won’t penalize you if you drive your Talbot-Lotus to work), but that can be a general guide. If you remember the original Crystal Cove gathering, they did get to the point of excluding cars. We are trying to avoid that and we have only turned away cars when we are full. We rely on people to “self-police” in their awareness as enthusiasts that a car you’d see in the shopping center parking lot on a Tuesday is probably not a top priority for the exhibitor lot at C&C. Such a car shouldn’t be taking a space on Saturday morning that would require us to turn away a Goggomobil, a Jaguar XK-120, a Bugatti Veyron or a Ferrari 599. It shouldn’t prevent us from allowing a manufacturer to reveal their latest hotly-anticipated model like the Honda Clarity, Fiat 500, or Nissan GT-R, or perhaps a manufacturer’s concept car(s) or a ????? because the lot is full. Those cars DESERVE to have an exhibit spot. We’re all about interesting AND unusual cars. We’re discussing a lot of solutions including using the spectator lots more creatively.”

Something CLEARLY needs to be done, otherwise I suspect that people who do have supercars will eventually stop coming.
    Nobody wants to park their show cars a mile away from the event, then go and look at Volkswagen Jettas and the like, that are parked in the midst of everything simply because they got there early and were too lazy to walk some distance and are also disrespectful of the true show cars.

Unfortunately, we have lost a lot for Cars & Coffee at the Classics BMW today, we will not be going next time. We will of course tell our friends what happened as well.

If Classic BMW wants to keep people coming for a long time, they need to make some organizational changes, or see the show cars stop showing up.

It would be awesome if the event could move to a bigger space, the parking lot of the Dr. Pepper Ballpark or the Pizza Hut Park comes to mind. But that alone won’t solve the problem.

Some people seem to lack the common courtesy of parking their spectator cars away from the “main floor”, and hence cars that belong there just drive back home.
    Like I said before, nobody wants to park their Porsches and such cars along and facing the outer fence/wall.

Also, could somebody please enlighten me why Ferraris and Lamborghinis have a special area roped off for them?
    Why can’t this be done for the other different areas too?

There should be some cones set out to lead the right cars to the right place.

I wish I could make sure that the event organizers see this….

Anonymous
    Inactive

i usually go every time at about 7-730…today when i pulled in, i saw a run of the mill corolla, and a few civics coming in…thats fine and all, no discrimination…

but when the exotics dont have place to park…as stated before…it becomes a problem. in the building parking next door, there was a 430 ferrari and a lambo parked today…

that is totally unnecessary, seeing as there are probably over 200 mustangs, corvettes and other every day cars just sitting in spaces.

i agree with the post above mine, wondering why other areas arent sectioned off like the italian cars…

people should just have the sense in these situations to exclude their cars from spaces that exotics belong in…afterall, itll only take a little while til this show starts losing some credibility and respect due to all this.

ALSO i believe there are country flags?? like the Japan flag? tell me why a chevy HHR parks in that section? come on people…smh..

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love the quote from the Irvine C&C. That is exactly the same problem we are having here. I hope that gets spread around to all the other host organizations. Some truly nice and unique cars are being left out of the mix because of the overcrowding. If the site can’t be moved, then something else should be done.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PYgTr.jpg
    is this what it supposed to be?

the plano pd are looking forward to be more organize next month to get more violations. From both unit adam and charlie. Seems like this meet has turn into a monthly paycheck for the city.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nate, where’d you get that map from?
    And the info about the police stepping up?

If that map is officially what the parking should look, then they are doing a horrible job at making that happen 🙁

Maybe the link to this thread should be sent in an email to Classic BMW.
    Is it Classic BMW who organizes it, or some other?

I really think they need to know that the show is slowly destroying itself, due to several important reasons.
    I would love to go to Cars & Coffee, it’s the best car event around! But not when it’s the way it is and becoming worse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard the stepping up first hand on police radio at cars and coffee, I also heard they were after a grey mustang and black bmw z4 with two white males, a camaro black that looks like he’s gonna have one or two violations.

The map is just from the flags at cc and how most people park. Its hard not to block traffic, but they can have a check list on a first come first serve basis base on make and model and year

Anonymous
    Inactive

i agree with you! How about the fat ass redhead with the saleen mustangs. she gets to cone off a row of spots. would not let anyone but her special group park. then how about the car club with the orange tent they got the whole section. i also saw a bunch of motorcycles taking up one spot with one bike parked in it. they should have an area. they don’t need one bike in a whole parking spot. you could get three bikes in one spot. then it was so packed people just parked in front of spots and people could not leave.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You hit the nail on the head. The only spots open I saw were coned off. Where do they get the cones from? Also, it seems like a violation to allow the cars to block others in. That’s the main reason why I had to turn around and leave. I could only stay for a couple hours, but I knew that if I did park somewhere, I would run the risk of not being able to get out. What if there is an emergency and someone has to leave? The whole point is that you can show up, park and walk around for as long as you want, then leave. They really need to do something about the clubs. If they want to meet as a club, then do it somewhere else. I don;t need to see 50 Mustang GTs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well getting blocked in is unfortunately part of it that seems. I dont ever plan on leaving past 10-11 by then you can get out usually. I agree about the parking issues though. I park in my section.. I agree about the stock cars there should not be stock like Corollas parking in the event parking it should be next door…. I mean a stock ZR1 yea but not a stock corolla, etc. You get my drift

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Myka 52847 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I really hope that the organizers of the event read this.

We went over to Cars & Coffee today, and arrived at around 7:30 AM.
    To our disbelief, many of the rare/awesome cars have gone a circle or two around the parking lot, then left!
    The reason?
    No parking space for their special cars in the designated areas!
    Why?
    Because people have parked their Mazda 6s, Honda Civics and other such cars in those areas where the special cars should be.

The staff on hand at Cars & Coffee should be right there directing all the cars, so things like this DO NOT happen!

No offense, but who wants to look at a regular black Honda Civic parked right next to let’s say a Porsche??
    Why can’t the organizers direct such everyday cars to an area closer to the outskirts of the parking lot?

We came home with a sour taste in the mouth. I know the event is for charity, but more organization would lead to more people coming (and staying) with their rare cars, and that would lead to more visitors/donators coming (and also staying).

Thanks for reading.

There were only two mazda6s and they were both MPS6s(AWD/TURBO) which was only made 2 years.. A silver one and a white one.. The White one was in the Japan section/import section where it belonged the other one parked over in the classic car section. Just wondering what Mazda 6 you are referring too since there was only 2 and one was where it belonged.

Then again I think you may of been just making general comments on cars just wanted to clarify. Also what do you drive? And where did you park

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was more of a generalization, but we did see that Mazda 6 parked in the wrong place. I did see a black Mazda parked under the German flag section too, but I can’t remember what kind it was. Could have been a Mazda 3….
    We drove in to the parking lot, did two drive-arounds looking for space, then left. We didn’t stay.

We drive a Porsche Cayman R, one of 2 in Dallas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.