Cars & Coffee 5-26-07

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Well another fun Saturday at Cars and Coffee. Lots of great cars to see. One of the cars that I haven’t seen in a while was the Suzuki Cappuccino. You don’t see these that often.

CC5-26-07-13.jpg

CC5-26-07-14.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Suzuki Cappuccino

Manufacturer Suzuki
    Production 1991–1997
    Class Keicar
    Body style(s) 2-door coupe
    The Suzuki Cappuccino is a small 2-door, 2-seater hard top convertible produced by Suzuki Motor Corporation. The vehicle was designed to meet Kei car specifications for lower tax and insurance in Japan. Weighing just 700kg, the Cappuccino is powered by a three-cylinder, all-alloy 657cc engine (just under the 660cc maximum displacement allowed for a Kei car). Its dimensions also conformed to Kei car regulations on length and width, being 3,295mm long and 1,395mm wide.
    Front-rear weight distribution is claimed to be 50/50%, but only if both seats are occupied.
    Three removeable roof panels mean that the car can be used as a closed coupé; T-top; targa; or, on retraction of the rear window and rollbar, a full convertible. Roof panels stow in the trunk, and the rear window/rollcage assembly retracts into the body behind the seats.
    It was originally equipped with the F6A engine: later models were fitted with a K6A engine which was lighter and had chain-driven, rather than belt-driven, camshafts. Both are DOHC 12-valve, inline 3-cylinder engines that were turbocharged and intercooled. Power output was a claimed 63hp (47 kW) for Kei car purposes but it actually made much more.[citation needed]
    The Cappuccino featured 4-wheel disc brakes, possibly the first production iteration of electric power-assisted steering, aluminium double wishbone suspension and rear wheel drive. Production began in 1991 and ceased in 1997. The Cappuccino’s closest competitor of the time was the Honda Beat and the Daihatsu Leeza Spyder.

Anonymous

Hey Cliff,

That Cappuccino has paid a visit to my house in the past. It really is a nice machine. I might have introduced you (or it could have been DH?) to the owner at C&C this morning.

John

Anonymous

John, you did introduce me to someone, though we weren’t by the car. I would love to take a spin in one of those – it does look like a fun ride.

Good to see you here. This should be a fun forum as it grows.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.