Cars and Coffee and Noise Complaints !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Irvine PD is receiving saturday morning noise complaints from residents on Irvine Center Drive.

Residents in the apartments close to Spectrum are apparently calling in noise complaints.

In order to reduce the complaints, Irvine PD is asking that attendees avoid the 405 in close proximity to the complex.

Arriving on 405 from the North, Exit the 133 North to Toll road and take an immediate right to Barranca, then go straight to Gateway.

Arriving on 5 South, do NOT go on the 5, stay on the freeway to Alton, exit and turn left over the freeway.

When leaving ALL traffic must exit LEFT, then turn left on ALTON to the 5 freeway.

edit: Flyer

[img]http://www.cncpics.com/image/342353-4/CnCFlyer_March_2010[/img]

pladmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up Max!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for reporting Max. I will keep my decibals extra low when going and leaving C&C. Hopefully when can keep Johnny Law on our side.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee whiz haters ! There will always be some one to complain, if its not noise then there are too many cars and so on. When you live in a apartment you don’t get full rights of a home owner. There is always going to be some noise, by being that close to the freeway one would think they would complain about the noise from that or the close proximity to the Spectrum about the traffic.

I know there are a few that come and have cutouts or open headers and the few showoffs that will always be with us, but is is what it is. Unless some one can go over 95db A weighted its is still street legal. I doubt any one has ever measured it.

Just my 0.02

Anonymous

I hope that everyone went the recommended route on the way out at least. I know I did, even though it was a small bit of a pain getting to the 133, but totally worth it if it keeps our neighbors happy! thumbup

Anonymous

Yeah, we saw the Irvine P.D. out in force this morning. Even saw ’em go after a couple of cars as they were exiting. Thanks for the heads up on the exit route.

Anonymous

@Johnny 39570 wrote:

Gee whiz haters ! There will always be some one to complain, if its not noise then there are too many cars and so on. When you live in a apartment you don’t get full rights of a home owner. There is always going to be some noise, by being that close to the freeway one would think they would complain about the noise from that or the close proximity to the Spectrum about the traffic.

I know there are a few that come and have cutouts or open headers and the few showoffs that will always be with us, but is is what it is. Unless some one can go over 95db A weighted its is still street legal. I doubt any one has ever measured it.

Just my 0.02

From what I understand, there are many ‘health care’ workers – nurse and doctors etc – that live in those apartments and are often sleeping while cars and coffee is in full swing.

Standing near to the exit every saturday there are many obnoxiously loud cars that leave to the right and head down Irvine Center or the 405 south.

Yesterday there were a number of hot/rat rods with open pipes, yet they not only took the requested left out of C&C, but they short shifted and rumbled up the street pretty quietly.

Virtually everyone complied with the written instructions that are handed out on entry.

Obviously there were exceptions, a Scion Tc with a huge fart-can, farted and droned its’ way out to the right and a Subaru WRX, also with a huge pipe launched its way out to the right making a whole lot of noise.

There were more, but those two, stood out, the Tc more than any other due to the ‘for sale’ signs in the window…..

If the complaints keep up and if we, the attendees, do not comply with the wishes of the police department and the organizers, then the event WILL be closed. It is that simple.

So, please, understand that the cops are assessing the situation and they are taking notice of the numbers that leave right (the rebels) and they will make a call regarding the validity of the complaints before they take action. Talking about noise limits and people’s right to reasonable quiet is not going to help the event.

Leave quietly and to the left if you want to help…..

edit: I forgot to say that decibel ratings and ‘street legal’ or not makes no difference, if the event is causing a noise nuisance that is felt by the city to be justifiable cause for concern, it will be closed down. It makes no difference if every single car is absolutely 100% legal and under 95 decibels, the cumulative effect of 500 cars is what counts.

Please, exit left, turn left on Alton and then find your way home via the freeway as John, Linda and Arlyn are requesting in the flyers that they are handing out.

[img]http://www.cncpics.com/image/342353-4/CnCFlyer_March_2010[/img]

Anonymous

So those were the fliers that were being handed out? Guess I was safe, then… had a friend visiting from out of town and didn’t feel like getting my ’67 out, so we took my undercover car. With it’s stock exhaust, at least I wasn’t part of the problem.

lololol

Anonymous

Since it is OK to come in on Gateway, it makes absolutely no sense that we cannot turn right and exit out on Gateway to the the 133. There are no “apartmentsZZZZ” along that route…

GregJ

Anonymous

@GregJ 39733 wrote:

Since it is OK to come in on Gateway, it makes absolutely no sense that we cannot turn right and exit out on Gateway to the the 133. There are no “apartmentsZZZZ” along that route…

GregJ

Greg – the apartment buildings that are the source of the complaints are in direct line of sight of the exit and only drop out of sight once you exit left.

As is usual, I am not the person behind the rules, I am simply ensuring that everyone is aware of the necessity to follow them as far as possible.

Please, for the good of the event, exit left.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Max.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Am I the only one confused by people who would buy an apartment located on one of the busiest highways in the country, and then complain about road or vehicle noise?!

Anonymous

Not as bad as the people that live by Laguna Seca and complain about noise (although I believe the houses were there first).

Thanks for the heads up thumbup

Anonymous

@Vilstar 40770 wrote:

Not as bad as the people that live by Laguna Seca and complain about noise (although I believe the houses were there first).

Thanks for the heads up thumbup

The track was there first!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.