Car type/make/model/etc. requirement to paticipate?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One of the members at the Dallas Cars and Coffee meets said he thought the CA Cars and Coffee has a requirement on the car’s Car type/make/model/or etc. in order to participate in CA Cars and Coffee. That you “were a bit more selective with the cars allowed to park in the “show” parking.” Is that true? :confused:

Anonymous

In a way, yes it is true. Irvine has very limited parking and almost always is overflowing. As far as I understand there are no official rules but you basically have to decide if you feel your car is cool enough to displace another car coming to the show. For example, I have a custom Miata, a couple beautiful Mercedes, and a pretty cool lifted truck that I will park in the spectators parking but I have a couple of cars such as a Chevy powered Mercedes, a Cobra, and some race cars that I will park in the show.

So as far as I understand it is discouraged to park cars that are not special in the show lot. Like if you have a Honda S2000 or a Mustang do you feel like your car is special enough to make it so a guy showing up in a Ferrari 275 GTB4 cannot park? That’s the way I look at it. cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@SRLRacing 32673 wrote:

In a way, yes it is true. Irvine has very limited parking and almost always is overflowing. As far as I understand there are no official rules but you basically have to decide if you feel your car is cool enough to displace another car coming to the show. For example, I have a custom Miata, a couple beautiful Mercedes, and a pretty cool lifted truck that I will park in the spectators parking but I have a couple of cars such as a Chevy powered Mercedes, a Cobra, and some race cars that I will park in the show.

So as far as I understand it is discouraged to park cars that are not special in the show lot. Like if you have a Honda S2000 or a Mustang do you feel like your car is special enough to make it so a guy showing up in a Ferrari 275 GTB4 cannot park? That’s the way I look at it. cheers!

Thank You for your reply. :happy: Kind of sad though for the guy/gal who stayed up all night detailing their car for the show to be overshadowed cause someone else has the means to have a more exotic car. I understand though. So, it seems like it is a peer pressure approach.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@snowball 32638 wrote:

One of the members at the Dallas Cars and Coffee meets said he thought the CA Cars and Coffee has a requirement on the car’s Car type/make/model/or etc. in order to participate in CA Cars and Coffee. That you “were a bit more selective with the cars allowed to park in the “show” parking.” Is that true? :confused:

Snowflake, This is what I posted…

“I wish C&C Dallas were a bit more selective with the cars allowed to park in the “show” parking. I don’t recall seeing all the “daily” driver type cars at the CA and FL C&C I’ve attended.”

Next time you want to want to assume what I “thought”. Do yourself a favor and stick with the facts cupcake. :rolleyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mr. Hollywood 32914 wrote:

Snowflake, This is what I posted…

“I wish C&C Dallas were a bit more selective with the cars allowed to park in the “show” parking. I don’t recall seeing all the “daily” driver type cars at the CA and FL C&C I’ve attended.”

Next time you want to want to assume what I “thought”. Do yourself a favor and stick with the facts cupcake. :rolleyes:

Good grief…. thanks for getting it perfect!

Anonymous

@snowball 32682 wrote:

Thank You for your reply. :happy: Kind of sad though for the guy/gal who stayed up all night detailing their car for the show to be overshadowed cause someone else has the means to have a more exotic car. I understand though. So, it seems like it is a peer pressure approach.

I never understood why someone with a new car like a mustang/camaro/challenger etc. that adds a K&N air kit and tinted windows would want to park in the show car area anyway.

I would say a car needs to be either a classic (95 & below) or a newer car that is heavily customized from the normal customizations made by almost every other owner.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@leojmcca 33607 wrote:

I never understood why someone with a new car like a mustang/camaro/challenger etc. that adds a K&N air kit and tinted windows would want to park in the show car area anyway.

I would say a car needs to be either a classic (95 & below) or a newer car that is heavily customized from the normal customizations made by almost every other owner.

Correct cause you could see that in a show room. Classic’s and heavily modded cars are not in new car show rooms. drivesmile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.