Car of the Week – July 21, 2007 (Jaguar D-Type)

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Jaguar D-Type

This is 1 of 2 long nose D-Types in America. There are 7 left in existence and this is one of them!

Cars_Coffee_070721_010.jpg

Cars_Coffee_070721_011.jpg

Cars_Coffee_070721_014.jpg

Cars_Coffee_070721_015.jpg

Cars_Coffee_070721_016.jpg

Cars_Coffee_070721_033.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

we waited on this one for awhile because we had no idea if it was real until now 🙂

Anonymous

I never thought I would see a real one in my lifetime.

This week and original Jaguar long-nose D-Type showed up at Cars and Coffee. 9 made – 7 still exist – two in the US – and this one is driven.

JagD01.jpg

JagD02.jpg

JagD03.jpg

jagD04.jpg

jagD05.jpg

jagD06.jpg

jagD07.jpg

jagD08.jpg

jagD09.jpg

Anonymous

Featured on Fox NASCAR, Feb 24, 2008

[youtube]ejUC0Vdc8zU[/youtube]

Anonymous

There is another D type that shows up on a pretty regular basis. Is that one not original? Always an older gentleman and what looks like his daughter or someone riding shotgun. Does anyone know what I am talking about haha?

This car definitely deserves car of the week regardless. Simply stunning.

EDIT: It is the same car, the people in the first picture are who i was talking about. Incredible that they bring it out so awesome.

Anonymous
    Knowsfear;2126 wrote:
    There is another D type that shows up on a pretty regular basis. Is that one not original? Always an older gentleman and what looks like his daughter or someone riding shotgun. Does anyone know what I am talking about haha?

This car definitely deserves car of the week regardless. Simply stunning.

EDIT: It is the same car, the people in the first picture are who i was talking about. Incredible that they bring it out so awesome.

Yes it is the same car – a little hard to take the “older gentleman” moniker…however I guess one point is I have lived long enough, and been lucky enough to have a “D” – it must be some compensation.

Anonymous
    GregJ;2232 wrote:
    Yes it is the same car – a little hard to take the “older gentleman” moniker…however I guess one point is I have lived long enough, and been lucky enough to have a “D” – it must be some compensation.

haha, i have nothing but the utmost respect for ‘older’ men driving beautiful cars. and older is relative, at 20 i was just guessing that you are something like 30 or 35…..right… 🙂

Anonymous
    Knowsfear;2531 wrote:
    haha, i have nothing but the utmost respect for ‘older’ men driving beautiful cars. and older is relative, at 20 i was just guessing that you are something like 30 or 35…..right… :)[/quot

mmmmm…30 – 35, that SOUNDS about right. However a walk past the mirror usually jolts me back to reality.

GregJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.