Breakfast at Balboa Park – Clarification

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello fellow enthusiast,

I have been sick with the flu for a week and did not see all the carnage concerning the locked thread by the admins. I will be glad to delete this post is need be but I have to say a couple of things in defense of the our local event.

I noticed that M*x pointed out an old Civic and a minivan in the parking lot. I just want to make sure you all know the lot is shared by two of many public museums and a gymnasium. The normal cars in the pics belonged to disabled basketball players who practice at the gym on Sunday mornings. (they play in wheelchairs) The organizers do not block off the lot to deny the public to park there. The event starts early enough before the doors open at these public buildings so “show cars” have their pick in the designated areas. As the show progresses museum patrons, joggers with dogs/kids in tow show up, parking where ever they can find a spot…..that is why there were normal cars mixed in.lololol

As far at the Mustangs……they belong to our local Mustang Club. Make no mistake….everyone of those cars had at least 500 HP under the hood! Just because some hoods were not opened bodywork was OEM, it didn’t mean there was nothing special under there! Plus there were a few cops “enjoying” the show……I even keep my hood closed for them. When I got there almost all hoods were opened and I was amazed of the horsepower (and beautiful detail) under the hoods. TRUE stealth mobiles. I like that….like I like my mild mannered 20+ year old German sedan that can hold its own with a 996 Carrera. I just wanted to clear that up. I hope all the “fighting” is over now and hope we can all go back to enjoying our passion for cars…..any cars!drivesmile

Anonymous

No worries Josh. I just felt helpless after reading all the “critism” of our local event and not being able to add my 2 cents when the thread was closed.

Believe it or not, this event still cuts into my bizarre work schedule. I can only make it there an hour after it already starts on Sunday morning! 🙁 It will actually be easier for me and my friends to attend the Irvine events. We are planning a trip up next month…..looking forward to it!drivesmile

Randy

Anonymous

Are you going to be at C&C tommorrow? I’d like to find out more about the Hyosung 250. I’ve got the Blue Triumph Speed Triple.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since i’ve been demoted from supermod to mod due to inactivity.. i can let you know that I’m sure you’re ok. Max always had opinions that he considered outspoken.. but at any rate he always stated them as fact.

-C

Anonymous

I really don’t think it would be a good thing to bring up “Max” again in the forum since he can’t defend himself. I have nothing against him. I can see how the “mob” mentality pushed him to the edge. I’m pretty stubborn in my old age but careful what I say in forums. It is very easy to come across the wrong way and easily offend people. Once that happens you become the bad guy and nothing you say will keep the mob from ganging up on you. There is a fine line between stating an opinion and judging others. Once that line is crossed then all bets are off. I was really shocked at some of the comments made! To put it in context……Let’s say your buddy’s new born child looks like an alien baby! Now the poor kid may in fact look like an alien but would you tell the proud parents to their face their kid looks like a freakin’ alien…..and then say “That’s just my OPINION!” 🙁 Just something I have learned not to do in my many years on this planet.hellosmile

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, good to see that these events have a forum nowhellosmile

I’m Peter from Synapse Engineering, we are a manufacturer based in San Diego of wastegates and turbo accessories (http://www.synapseengineering.com).

Anyhow, we just wrapped up some prototyping on a Lancer Ralliart that we borrowed from Mitsubishi. It isn’t too mundane to bring out to CNC is it? It does have true paddle shifters :rolleyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    M5zealot;16352 wrote:
    To put it in context……Let’s say your buddy’s new born child looks like an alien baby! Now the poor kid may in fact look like an alien but would you tell the proud parents to their face their kid looks like a freakin’ alien…..and then say “That’s just my OPINION!” 🙁 Just something I have learned not to do in my many years on this planet.hellosmile

lol.gif Wow, that is possibly the greatest explanation of stating opinions vs. judging. Very niceicon14.gif

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.