BMW Active Hybrid 7!

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Is there a gathering this Saturday (December 26)? If so, I plan to bring the amazing new BMW Active Hybrid 7! The time that I brought the BMW Hydrogen 7, it was a big hit and this car is similarly interesting — electric motor between the twin-turbo V8 engine and the 8-speed transmission, 0-60 times at (or below) 4.7 seconds, the works! I have it until the first week of January but this is the only Saturday when I can make it so I hope to see you there! Tim (NOTE re photos: Car looks like a standard 7-series other than badges behind rear doors and on trunk lid. Engine compartment looks like regular twin-turbo V-8. Note boxed area in trunk for battery and hybrid controls. Wheels are for this car — note directional arrow below top spoke — as the spokes angle outward for airflow.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The ActiveHybrid has some notably cool touches. BMW engineers – like any frugal cab driver – know that cars waste a lot of fuel when idling, so this one switches off the engine for you when the car is stopped, with its electric engine picking up the slack. And the ActiveHybrid packs an 8-speed automatic box

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.