Anyone go this week?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Or did it get rained out?

Anonymous

I didn’t go, don’t know about anyone else.

Anonymous

I went because I live right near there.

It was pretty awesome. The road up to it was AMAZING. Definitely something I will be going back to when conditions are dry. I hope word doesn’t get out about this road because this is by far the best touge spot in Orange County.

As for the show, there were only about 20 cars there. There was another black mazdaspeed 3, but I did’t know who the owner was.

I left at around 8:50 to head up and see Sevenstock X, which was also fantastic. I don’t think I’ll think of pistons the same way again… ^_^

Anonymous
    Fissiongrid;1269 wrote:
    quote]
    Any pics of what showed up?
    Anonymous

Well it did rain almost the entire time, but we stayed warm and dry in the Rancho Carrillo Fire Department and the Mazda Tent supplied hot Coffee. About 30 cars showed up. It was an interesting drive up, narrow road and rain along with cars going rapidly to the top but no casualties. Awards were given as another downpour started probably washing away the “Hooligan Days” events and all of us were driving down to Ortega Hwy around 9. Would not have missed it for the world! :):):):):)

Anonymous

To the brave souls who made it in the rain – Thanks for joining our volunteer fire department fundraiser!

There were 70 vehicles entered and it did rain cats and dogs. You were all very nice and we enjoyed having you. Hopefully, we can host you again next year! A big thanks to Robert Davis of Mazda for organizing our event and then heading down to the Mazda event as well.

A quick word about Rancho Carrillo – we are a private community located in the San Mateo Wilderness. That “AMAZING road” is a private road and gated, so this event is your only chance to access it. (We usually have horse trailers coming up and down around blind corners, so if you are able to get in at other times, please respect our 35 mph speed limit. Our fire department would rather not have to respond!;))

Thanks again and we look forward to meeting more of you next year!

Anonymous

@rcpeggy 1278 wrote:

We usually have horse trailers coming up and down

You make horses pull you up THAT? 😮

Anonymous

Let’s just say not too many of us get to drive the kinds of cars that you all get to! I traded fast cars and jewlrey for a diesel truck and horse trailer!:p

Anonymous
    Inactive
    rcpeggy;1318 wrote:
    Let’s just say not too many of us get to drive the kinds of cars that you all get to! I traded fast cars and jewlrey for a diesel truck and horse trailer!:p

should have let me know, i would have bought a horse trailer to trade

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.