An open letter to fans of cncpics.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi this is the first time I post on this forum. Recently there was a car meet in the SoCal area, which they WILL post pictures of “offenders” on the image site so to embarass those people. Best yet, if they become irate, have someone (I’m sure someone) will record it on video and post them on a special section on YouTube so the whole world can see it.
    So we can have a link to the weekly meet, with a dedicated section for offenders. I think people will be more interested to see who these jerks are and I’m sure next time these jerks show up they’ll get “the look” from the loyal and respectful C&C goers.

FILA
    Participant

I sure hope it was just a bad weekend.

The lot was past full. A bunch of cars were double parked in the back row. There was a near contact incident when somebody tried pulling out despite being blocked in.

I completely agree with Leo and others regarding the kinds of cars that make the “show” interesting. It’s really cool that most people just know if there car meets the test.

Unfortunately, it looks like it’s time to get tougher about admissions.

Anonymous

@rosso2k2 57961 wrote:

I sure hope it was just a bad weekend.

The lot was past full. A bunch of cars were double parked in the back row. There was a near contact incident when somebody tried pulling out despite being blocked in.

I completely agree with Leo and others regarding the kinds of cars that make the “show” interesting. It’s really cool that most people just know if there car meets the test.

Unfortunately, it looks like it’s time to get tougher about admissions.

Us regulars need to self police the event. Tell people not to double park and not to reserve spots.

After reading through this thread I wanted to share a few of my thoughts on policing the cars that enter. A few times I have brought into the show my “everyday” volvo wagon. The car on the outside is nothing too special and I only paid $500 for it. However, I have done lots of work on the motor since I enjoy working on things. I sat a little ways back to see how it was received there. What I saw was people would look at it and wonder why there was a volvo there. For those that looked in the engine bay, once they saw the large turbo on it they would point it out to who was with them and smile. In a way this is the type of car that I miss seeing at cars and coffee. The odd car that really makes no sense. I used to see quite a few there but there has been a large decline in those. Depending on the type of policing cars like this would be completely turned away.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a good point and if someone was deciding who gets in based on appearance (sadly), you’d be turned away. The gate person would have to ask what’s been done to the car in your situation. I prefer to see vehicles that are mechanically unique over aesthetically unique.

Anonymous
    Inactive

But… I’m a ‘regular’ in a Mustang GT… 🙁 Probably the only one w/ a bunch of stickers on it (hope I haven’t pissed anyone off)…

I have noticed that CnC has been starting earlier as well; I remember I used to be able to get almost any spot at 0800… now I’d be lucky to even get in the lot at 0700. And the crowd… why don’t people move out of the way when a car is trying to navigate through the lot? Do they want to get run over?

Could we use the ‘overflow’ lot across the street (unless they have the MSF class every weekend)?

Zs V

I’m no regular, I’ve only been once, and I do enjoy seeing the common Porsche 911, Corvette, Mustang, etc. no matter how many I’ve seen on the streets. In fact I almost always give them second glances as well.

However, I’m going to have to agree. When I went on 9/3/11, I remember seeing 2 cars driving away because the lot was full. And they were unique (at least for that week). Specifically they were a red Dino 246 and a brand new, bright blue Porsche 911 Speedster. I would’ve loved to see those up close but since there were so many common sports cars and even boring cars (like that BMW 330i), they couldn’t get in.

loldfrode
    Participant

I used to come C&C often, but not anymore since I been busy with work and other hobby. I do notice more people coming now. Have you ever consider to move the event to larger location. Maybe Great Park when they don’t tape Top Gear or larger warehouses parking complex around Tesla. I know bad apples are everywhere, but at least attendances don’t have to fight over show spot. How about posting a large C&C rules board on entrance. At least you can “remove” them for not following the rules. Thanks for keeping the website up.

Anakonxx
    Participant

1) Please, please, please keep cncpics.com The pictures you post are beautiful and I look forward to looking at them after each show – for both the weeks I go to cnc and the few weeks I miss. The pictures are great and appreciated.
    2) I agree with some of the comments re seeing too many late model mass produced cars. If there is room I think owners should be allowed to display these cars — they are proud of their cars but on busy days it is a shame to see 6 (almost identical) late model Mustangs lined up in the exhibitor lot while a classic is turned away.
    I like my car too (less than 1300 made) but I realize it can’t compare to some of the real special cars we all come out to see — I’m a regular for the parking garage.
    3) There are jerks everywhere. We all know the rules but the jerks choose to ignore them. In my opinion, barricades, endless lists of rules and gestapo tactics will not stop jerks from being jerks. Pointing out stupid behavior by the jerks by those attending the event should eventually sink in — even a jackass can stop being a jerk for 2 hours on a Saturday morning.
    4) Repetitive but needs repeating — please keep up the good work on cncpics.com, don’t let the jerks win.

NoTCZ
    Participant

How about a no SUV’s sign. I mean come on. That’s just common sense when attending an event like this.

Zs V

@peteyM3 58698 wrote:

How about a no SUV’s sign. I mean come on. That’s just common sense when attending an event like this.

Definitely. Unless it’s a Lambo LM002 or a military spec SUV or something, but that’s really it

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 on please continue to take and post the pictures at cncpics!

How about taking the pictures of the 3 jerks and making “NOT-Wanted” posters to post around Cars-N-Coffee for the rest of us to enjoy?

KID
    Participant

Perhaps that is the issue. I am coming from the midwest next year and one of the things is to drop by C&C Irvine.
    I don’t need to see the vettes, camaro’s, mustangs that I see every Saturday at any local cruise. You got to be kidding with that camaro and lexus crap. It could be different if it was a quad turbo V4, supercharged, 12 speed etc. etc. but it ain’t dude, it just ain’t.

We ran into this at my local cruise were the wanna be’s of fast and furious thought it was OK to be a$$holes. They don’t think that anymore. Nip it in the bud, be confrontational.
    Or pop a few dollars for some big mean security dudes, you guys can afford it. After a few “confrontations” with security the jerks will fall inline.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an idea….

I host the cars and coffee event in Dallas…so, I cannot fully understand the situation in Irvine, but maybe there’s some similarities…

The event in Dallas is heavy, nearly 1000 cars on display. Our crowd begins around 7am and our lot is packed full by 830am. Trying to enter the lot after 830 is nearly impossible.

At approximately 945am the crown begins to make their way to the exit—it’s time for breakfast or whatever. So, at 10am parking spaces begin to open—why not encourage people that want to be part of the show to show up at 10? It could be the late risers group? Hey, people drink coffee all day…let’s keep the show going!

eric maas

Anonymous
    Inactive

Get your own thoughts, spambot. Stop copying other people’s posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.