7/23 "Non-Show"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    soareyes

Show up at 9. No one there…. Slowly a few folks roll in. 6 cars total and 3 of us were first timers.

By 9:45 people were leaving and headed over to the “other” south Denver gathering at “The Great Indoors” by Park Meadows Mall.

Over 30 people and 25 cars.. friendly folks, some VERY cool cars. Coffee shop right next to the “Great Indoors” store.

Why isn’t this location the “official” cars and coffee spot???:nuts:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to hear that there wasn’t a very big turnout today. A factor to account for is the Mile High Nationals at Bandimere. I am sure lots of the normal C&C guys were there and not at the show. As for your location question, I have no answer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My understanding with the Great indoors folks is that they are an unofficial show without a permit, and they are once monthly. I am under the impression that they are very selective with the cars that they want, whereas this show welcomes anything and everything.
    I could be wrong though, but that is my impression.

Anonymous
    Inactive

people show up weeekly at Great Indoors.
    coffee is available; we dont need a vendor.
    at 9 am I could care less if there is a dj.
    i could also care less if a FEW turn their nose up at my vehicle. thats their problem not mine.
    and sinc e its not an offical show with someone trying to make a profit WHO CARES what they think, feel or do.
    a permit and such is NOT needed since NO ONE IS SELLING ANYTHING.
    The lot is huge.

JUST SHOW UP AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

the reason there are 5 different C & C around the area is all the ‘organizers’ are trying to make a buck off the comraderie that the auto community has. I SAY BS on that. go to the FREE place and enjoy/

Anonymous
    Inactive

@robpp 55982 wrote:

people show up weeekly at Great Indoors.
    coffee is available; we dont need a vendor.
    at 9 am I could care less if there is a dj.
    i could also care less if a FEW turn their nose up at my vehicle. thats their problem not mine.
    and sinc e its not an offical show with someone trying to make a profit WHO CARES what they think, feel or do.
    a permit and such is NOT needed since NO ONE IS SELLING ANYTHING.
    The lot is huge.

JUST SHOW UP AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

the reason there are 5 different C & C around the area is all the ‘organizers’ are trying to make a buck off the comraderie that the auto community has. I SAY BS on that. go to the FREE place and enjoy/

Our show has always been free. Jim and I have been accused off trying to make a buck off Cars and Coffee since day one, and all I can say is that is total BS. We moved from Southlands because we didn’t want to continue to pay for the space out of our pockets.

The move didn’t work as Jim mentioned in another thread so we are looking for new space.

We have never, and I repeat, NEVER, made a dime off the shows that we have done for three years.

Please don’t accuse us of something that is totally untrue.

Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

i apoogize, i left off “IMO” as THAT is what it seems like to me and others I have chatted with ‘wondering WHY there are multiple shows’ whille the FOrd thing was going on a few miles from ther Great Indoors. should have said my opinion rather than a blanket acusation. sorry.

if thats not the case, then PLEASE can you tell my why the disdain for the Great Indoors spot and the NEED to have a seperate ‘show’ as you call it.

GREAT INDDORS:

its big parking lot.
    dazbog, a LOCAL Denver company has the coffe covered.
    its free, no worrys about anything.

so why not? whats so important about having multiple SHOWS on Saturday morning in the same general area ? ? ? ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no issue with the show at The Great Indoors. I have been to their show and they used to come to ours at Southlands.

Jim and I set out to do a show at the mall where there were activities for spouses if they wanted to come with their husbands. Southlands provided all that and was a great location. The manager however, was very difficult to deal with and wanted to start charging us for parking spaces for the shows we did on Friday nights in conjunction with Southlands concert series. That didn’t work since we already were out money for the lease, the permit required by Aurora and insurance also required by Aurora.

So we decided to move and that hasn’t worked out well. We are in the process of looking for another mall and will post up when we find one that works.

Just to clarify, I have never said we “needed” to have another show. Jim and I wanted to do one that we enjoyed and that is why we started in the first place. It wasn’t our intention then or now, to “compete” with anyone.

soareyes

Not to stir the pot too much but ummm do you and Jim realize that “The Great Indoors” is about 50yrds from the front doors of Park Meadows Mall ??? I’m still not clear on the reason for trying to have two separate “gatherings” in the same area? We’ve been over the past trouble with the former locations, and now a new location is sitting there on a silver platter, but no one seems to be too interested??

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are shows all over town, and people frequent the ones they want. We had a lot of people come to Southlands that didn’t want to go to the Great Indoors and vice versa.

As I said earlier, we aren’t trying to compete with them, and I suspect they feel the same.

When we find a new space, we will announce it, and those that want to join in, will be welcomed.

nata01989_1963
    Participant

@RedGT 55999 wrote:

Our show has always been free. Jim and I have been accused off trying to make a buck off Cars and Coffee since day one, and all I can say is that is total BS. We moved from Southlands because we didn’t want to continue to pay for the space out of our pockets.

The move didn’t work as Jim mentioned in another thread so we are looking for new space.

We have never, and I repeat, NEVER, made a dime off the shows that we have done for three years.

Please don’t accuse us of something that is totally untrue.

Bill

So this weekend when you required a $25 gift card for each car that showed up to the St. Baldrics CHARITY event wasn’t you reaping the benefits? I have been a long time car nut and was appalled when I heard what you pulled. I will not attend another C&C event until Bill Barnett is knocked off his high horse.

This was a charity event Bill, what’s your excuse?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@DenverCO 65572 wrote:

So this weekend when you required a $25 gift card for each car that showed up to the St. Baldrics CHARITY event wasn’t you reaping the benefits? I have been a long time car nut and was appalled when I heard what you pulled. I will not attend another C&C event until Bill Barnett is knocked off his high horse.

This was a charity event Bill, what’s your excuse?

McCabes offered each attendee a gift certificate, They didn’t pay me anything, nor did I get a gift certificate. The issue was, they knew there were 30 cars coming on Thursday before the event, and then Saturday afternnon, less than 20 hours from the event, they called and said they would only give out 15 to the first 15 cars. When I told them I had no way to contact people and they had made the offer, they needed to give out 30. The response was they would take care of it. They didn’t and I had an issue with that.

Perhaps in your misguided opinion, expecting a bar to do what they agreed on when they asked for my help in getting cars to their event is me being on a ” high horse”. I didn’t require anything—they offered. You might want to read the thread about the show, and you would have noticed that the offer was added after the original post.

I would love to hear how you think I, or Cars and Coffee reaped any benefit from this.

Since you didn’t mind listing my name, why don’t you list yours?

Here is her email offering the gift certificates.

Hello Bill,

Just wanted to send an email out to see if you have had any response from your forum about the Baldricks event March 11th? Like I said, we would be happy to issue $25 gift certificates to McCabes for all those that show up. Please let me know as we need to ensure we have either cars and coffee or another vendor to fill the slot.

Thank you Bill,
    Lisa Bargar
    McCabes Bistro and Pub

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Denver’ is closed to new topics and replies.