- November 9, 2010 at 1:08 am #127704AnonymousInactive
Hi, selling my Typhoon to make garage space for my other projects.
For those unfamiliar with the Typhoon:
– Built in 1992 and 1993, approx 2300 each year.
– Preceeded by the pickup truck version, Syclone in 1991
– 4.3 V6, turbocharged (14.7psi) and intercooled.
– AWD. 0- 60 in about 4.9. Magazines in the day said 5.3, but they did not know how to “boost-launch” correctly (or chose not to).
– Quarter mile in high 13 sec range.
– Consistent 1.7 sec 60 foot times. From 0 – 40 MPH, can embarrass cars which are much faster on paper (i.e. ideal conditions, and a practiced driver) or in a full 1/4 mile race.
– Can be made to go much faster, but this one has not. Factory “do not tamper” seal on ECU is intact.
Mild modifications include:
– Camaro LS1 disc brakes all around
– Tubular a-arm/coilover front suspension
– Quick-ratio steering gear
– ABS deleted (but included with purchase if desired)
– Auxiliary intercooler heat exchanger and pump. IC steel lines replaced with hose (improved recovery time after a WOT blast, less heat soak)
– battery and air filter locations swapped (mostly for ease of maintenence, maybe a slight reduction in intake restriction).
– Hi-flow cat, 4″ Borla SS exhaust
– 3 guage pillar pod with boost, 4-input pressure, 4 input temp meters
– Pioneer DHH-P4100UB HU, Polk speakers, subwoofer and amp built into the tailgate
– Clifford alarm
– Shutoff valves to heater core to improve AC performance
– Remote solenoid (eliminates no-start due to downpipe cooking the on-starter solenoid and wiring)
– Rear lowered 2.5″ with re-arched spring and lowering blocks. Automatic air leveling modified to work correctly with lowered stance.
– 17×9.5F, 17×11 rear ZR1 style replica wheels (stock wheels available/included, depending on offer)
– 2″ cowl hood (stock available/included, depending on offer)
– Fresh paint
– overhead console
Mileage: 125k. Always garaged and covered. Truck is in north Dallas area.
Listed on Craigslist at $10k, but really looking to get $8500 OBO.
or call four69 2three one 16six9
[IMG]http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pyjf-8bb6vbfqMLlHEgonAxL4JIN9hWJVgG5rCYQ0SAkcGn5ss2uj9FNWy5tGObZxJ1rD2bmIcix_Ew2q2b5NEQ/boostdog.jpg?psid=1[/IMG]September 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm #132714JoeParticipant
The JH6 Option is the HydroBoost brakes and the vehicle has a 9900GVR. RockAuto has different pads and rotors listed for this option. Just dont know if its all hype or are the expensive pads really required.
- The forum ‘The Dallas Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.