10-13-12: Cowtown Cars and Coffee

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    RedDesmo

Hey, that’s not a bad location. I think I’ve been there before during a swap meet or something. So, how is this being promoted? Will Fort Worth get its own C&C pages? I will show up with or without my “new” old car, depending on if I get my carb issues resolved in time…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@decodroid 71761 wrote:

Hey, that’s not a bad location. I think I’ve been there before during a swap meet or something. So, how is this being promoted? Will Fort Worth get its own C&C pages? I will show up with or without my “new” old car, depending on if I get my carb issues resolved in time…

There has been a Facebook page created for the event. But here, it probably won’t get it’s own subforum as it doesn’t appear to be using any of the official C&C logos. Here is the page.

http://www.facebook.com/CowtownCarsCoffee

RedDesmo

Hmmm, so it’s Cars and Coffee, but not really affiliated with this site? That’s odd. Anyhoo, I’m not on fbook so I can’t see the link, but I may still show up just to see what kind of turnout there is. For some reason I doubt as many exotics would show, but I’m more into vintage cars anyway, so we’ll see. I would assume getting there right at 8am, there should be plenty of spaces, no?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does Cars and Coffee own the rights to the name? Do they have people organizing and managing each event or is it all volunteer?

Its seems to be an unregistered trade mark

http://www.trademark…e-77470839.html

johnhensen
    Participant

I hope some who attended will take the time to offer feedback. There is a learning curve in every endeavor and this event is no different. I did go and enjoyed my time there even though it was brief. I arrived at 8:00a.m. and found the organizers still getting organized, or was it setting up? There was no lack of hospitality on their part, kudos to the Autobahn Group and I hope you persevere in putting on future events. After a bit, complimentary coffee and donuts a-plenty were available. Lots of room for those displaying was available. Parking for non-participants is plentiful and convenient. Initial event turnout was such that no designation of display by manufacturer was needed, the folks displaying did a good job of that. Then there were those things we could all learn from. One participant suffered a mechanical failure and put quite a bit of oil on the tarmac. A bag of kitty litter would have been very helpful, a nice gesture to our hosts, the FW Cats, and might have kept some oil off the shoes of the unwary. My stay was cut short due to the total absence of restroom facilities. At my age, coffee and no potty is a deal breaker. I also noted there were no waste recepticles or fire extinquishers. A good initial effort but a way to go to match the job done in venues like Plano.

RedDesmo

Is there going to be a November C&C for Fort Worth??? Anyone know?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@decodroid 72611 wrote:

Is there going to be a November C&C for Fort Worth??? Anyone know?

They are going to do it every other month, so you didn’t miss an event this month. Next one will be December 8th. If you have a Facebook, check the page I posted above.

RedDesmo

Okay, December 8th — thanks. Yah, I am one of the few people not on fbook I guess.

@decodroid 72943 wrote:

Okay, December 8th — thanks. Yah, I am one of the few people not on fbook I guess.

Not the only one; I don’t do FB and don’t even understand it – just another interweb time sink

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess I could relay the info here once it gets out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Next event is Saturday the 9th. 8-12 at LaGrave Field. Just a reminder, NOBODY gets turned away, and there is lots of parking. Come out!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.