09/26/09

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I finally moved back to Irvine after being overseas during the summer. I was really excited to go back to C&C only to find out that it had moved for this weekend only… I wish that would have been posted on the site to save a lot of us a drive over there, and waking up at 6am for nothing…

Anonymous

@Halewafa 33588 wrote:

So I finally moved back to Irvine after being overseas during the summer. I was really excited to go back to C&C only to find out that it had moved for this weekend only… I wish that would have been posted on the site to save a lot of us a drive over there, and waking up at 6am for nothing…

I agree, they should have posted something about the change.

On the flip side, I’m from San Dimas and was down for the “Cruising for a Cure” car show in Costa Mesa. I went to CC for the first time yesterday. I was told by the parking attendant that the show moved to the Davis ranch (?) and told how to get to the new site. I followed other people to the new site and it was actually really cool.

Talk about some great roads with: hairpin turns, 1000 ft drop offs without guard rails, narrow roads ( seemed like 1/34 cars wide) with limited visibility of the road ahead. The road took you to a place which you never knew or would think existed in CA. The landscape reminded us of roads in other parts of the country. I was driving my 68 Charger, so the roads were a lot more intense, especially on the way down with manuel brakes! drivesmile

When you got to the site for the show, it was a lot surrounded by horses and corrals. It was fun seeing Ferraris and Lamborginis and other 2-3″ off the ground exotics driving across the uneven hay covered dirt to park. No trailer queens were present.

The show benefited the local fire department and they put on a good show. Plus the goody bags were nice-love the butterfly opening multi tool.

Anyway, those who went home and didn’t venture to the new site missed out on a fun time and a great show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That road was even more fun on the way out since I knew what to expect. The lack of guard rails was always in the back of my mind though.

Great time even if it was small in comparison to Cars and Coffee.

Anonymous

That road is better known as the “ZOOM – ZOOM” road from the Mazada comercials.

GregJ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.