Re: Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

morganjackson
Participant

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

I don’t think some of you understand the variety equation. When 25 Italian cars show up (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, sometimes Alfa Romeo), more than one make and model is represented (the row could be 360, FF, Diablo SV, 599, 550, 308, 458, Murcielago, California, 2-3 Gallardos, 430 Scuderia, Alfa 8C, Maserati GT, and a 355).

I don’t think you understand the human variety variable. I for one barely know what an Alfa Romeo is, let alone care if I see one. I’ll never buy one, never drive one, and don’t really care about them. The Ferraris…..I’ve seen ’em. Honestly, very few are impressive to me anymore. As for Lambos…yeah, the most current, highest-end ones are cool. But again, I’ve got no chance of owning one. So, I took pics the first time I saw them, but since that day, I just glance as I walk by.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

When 25 Mustangs show up, it’s 25 Mustangs. One make and model is represented.

One model with a large variety of customizations. I saw a blue Mustang with flames on it that had the rear GT emblem replaced with a circular cut-out that also had blue flames on it, that is a detail-oriented customization…. not something you’d likely see on a Lambo.

Furthermore, *because* those models are more attainable, the owners do more to them. It’s nice to walk around and see the variety of mods to get ideas for mine if I ever decide to get one.

What you call boring, real car guys call window shopping and getting to know like-minded people. I find it nice to know that if I decide to get a new GT, I’ll be able to join such a large group of enthusiasts who appreciate the same kind of car I do.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

That’s how the Mustangs and such “dominate” the show.

The reason they dominate the show is because they are A) part of a club and B) they get there EARLY. They don’t expect a space to be reserved for them if they show at 9.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

It’s not just the high-end car owners who are complaining. Several people on another forum who have Mustangs, Camaros, and Japanese cars complain as well.

Don’t misunderstand the complaints. Most, from what I’ve seen, witnessed, and experienced, complain about their treatment over cars that cost more — the car snobbery that goes on, and that you are clearly demonstrating for us. You make it sound as though you’d be happy with a show that has a handful of exotics, a few classics, and that’s it. The rest of us would like to see lots of cars, but we don’t want to be treated as second class citizens just because our cars don’t cost $100,000.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

That’s why I, along with dozens of others, have stopped attending. The show is turning into a Mustang/modern muscle fest. Most of the spectators who go there want to see the uncommon and unusual, like the exotics, the classic American cars from the 50s and earlier, old muscle cars, the old VW Buses, the red Yugo that shows up from time to time, the kit cars (like the blue one built on a Corvette chassis), the old Minis, and others. NOT to see stuff that our friends own and use as a daily driver.

And the reason others don’t attend is they don’t like being made to feel inferior because they didn’t spend the cost of a mid-size house on their car.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

WE WANT VARIETY.

You’re getting variety. But 20 bone stock Lambos and Ferraris aren’t what some consider variety. You see one bone stock Gallardo, you’ve pretty much seen them all. The only thing that changes is the color.