@efilming 75048 wrote:
Kelmark GT 1 Mark lll
The beauty and sophistication of aClassic European Sports car
Blended with the Detroit Iron of anAmerican Muscle Car.
- This is a well documented and built American supercar representing an important era in the seventies American hot rod industry.
- “Fastest documented speed ever attained by a street machine”.
Car & Driver magazine in the May 1978 issue said that of a Kelmark GT 1. That Kelmark GT was clocked at 202.7 by Car & Driver at the former Transportation Research Center in Ohio (now a part of Honda’s US test facility) and proved the aerodynamic capabilities.
- The styling was inspired by the Ferrari 206 Dino GT, combining the lines of the Dino with the Astro II XP-880 Mid Engine 1968 Corvette concept car.
- The KELMARK GT 1 MK lll is a purpose built tube framed 2500lbs car, one piece fiberglass body and an offset mid mounted 400+ hp 327ci and IRS transaxle.
- 1977 Car Craft Magazine said of the Kelmark GT 1 “produced what is undoubtedly the closest thing to a street driven Can Am car on the road today.”
- The Kelmark GT compared to the Ferrari Dino, weighted less, had twice the HP, cost twice as much at over $20k and is considerably more unique as all were custom built.
- According to the Kelmark registry this is the only remaining 1974 Kelmark GT 1 Mark lll. This was the tenth built by Kelmark Engineering, Inc.
- The Kelmark GT 1 MARK lll was discovered after being stored for more than 20 years by manufactures representative and underwent a complete professional restoration/update.
- There is less than 20K original miles with Zero miles on resent restoration.
- DOT rated Rollup Driver and passenger glass side windows with DOT rated windshield and rear window
- “Gurney Built” Carbon/Kevlar Seats developed by All American Racers from the 1993 Toyota GTP Car driven by JUAN MANUEL FANGIO II. They are adjustable and removable built to fit a driver over 6ft tall with helmet under 220lbs
- Has the coveted SPCNS California smog exempt title and “RARE RCR” custom license plates.
- Also included in the sale are two beautifully framed prints of the KELMARK GT 1 MK lll for your home or office.
- This Kelmark GT 1 MK lll was one of the last one produced by Kelmark Engineering before they were sold to Molded Plastic Industries. The body was specially manufactured with twice the thickness of any other they ever produced. This car has a specially built frame that incorporated a roll bar and integral dual fuel tanks, the only one I’ve ever seen.
- The Car and Driver article says a custom built Kelmark GT 1 cost $20,000 at the time. $20,000 in 1974 equals $93,141.58 today as a reference. Since then I have personally invested $70,000 more in a complete frame off restoration and update.
- I hope this has offered you an insight into the value of this particular car and I encourage you to bid as the true value has yet to be seen. This was a pinnacle super car in the seventies and would be a worthwhile addition to any collection.
1965 327, 400+ Horsepower
65’ “Camel back” heads, 2.02/1.60″ Stainless valves, Hardened valve seats, Screw in studs and guide plates
Extruded Aluminum Roller tip Rockers with Poly locks 1.5 Ratio
Double roller timing chain with chrome cover
Steel Crank, Manley rods, ARP bolts
Lightened billet flywheel
Center force dual friction clutch
High volume oil pump
All new FelPro gaskets, Perma Line Valve Cover gaskets, Ultra Seal Head Gaskets
Edelbrock Streetmaster Manifold
650 cfm Carter AFB Competition Series
Accel Super Coil
Accel Street Billet Distributer / with adjustable advance
Splitfire Twin core Ignition wires, Splitfire spark plugs
Moroso Oil Pan Includes Integral Scraper Windage Tray Screen Wet Sump 7 Quart Capacity
Moroso High volume water pump
All Aluminum drive pulley set
Custom fabricated stainless steel headers with Titanium coating by Embee Performance Coatings
Supertrapp Exhaust 5” core with Black Ceramic coated by Embee Performance
K&N high flow Air filter with K & N drop housing
100 amp Chrome alternator on lower mount
1 AWG Streetwire pure copper cables and soldered cooper ends throughout
Complete Battery disconnect switch on center console
Optoma battery mid mounted forward of the center console
Twin 10 gallon fuel tanks Polished and coated with Dynamat Xtreme
Electric Dual Fuel tank Switch with manual brass shut offs at tank
All Aluminum fuel lines with cleanable glass filters
Holley Red Electric Fuel pump with oil filled pressure gauge
Custom firewall, Removable with (6) Six Zeus fittings / fiberglass coated with thermo-acoustic Dynamat Hoodliner
Be Cool Aluminum 4 core Radiator (Largest Made, never runs over 160F)
Dual 14” electric Fans fully shrouded / 160 Degree with over ride switch on dash
1 piece, front to back, Silicone mounts, Buna-N/SBR Rubber Coolant Hoses
Perma-Cool Three Tube Headered Oil Cooler
Perma-Cool Multi-Port Remote Dual Oil Filter Mount
1966 Corvair transaxle housing Thickest ever with sump, 3.05 ring & Pinion, ½” solid steel top with hard oil lines, Double Oil Seal nose cone, Saginaw gear box, Clark’s heavy duty 4 spider gear set, Mid–engine input shaft, Mid engineering /Kelmark adapter
Jabsco Rotary Vane Gear oil Pump
Moroso Aluminum Transaxle cooler
Holds 8 quarts Synthetic Gear lube
Direct connect solid tube shifter, helm joint assembly with Hurst T- Handle
Bilstein Nitrogen gas filled shocks
Custom V8 Rear coil spring with spring rubbers, Airlift bags
Lower Control Arm Bracket with Heim Joint Control Arms
Front/Rear Suspension / Adjustable camber Bolts
1” Rear anti sway with poly bushings
Custom built front suspension, Twin tube, widened, 4 adjustable spring sets
11” drilled front Disc brakes / Carbon metallic pads
Kevlar Slotted Rear Brake Pads
Wilwood Disc Brakes Residual Pressure Valves
Stainless Brake lines
Stainless Steel Brakes Adjustable Rear Proportioning Valve
Front Wheels 16 X 7 Billet Chevy pattern ARP through bolted studs with extra long Shank
BF Goodrich Comp TA 225-50ZR-16 Front tires
Rear Wheels 16 X 8 Billet Chevy pattern ARP through bolted studs with extra long Shank
BF Goodrich Comp TA 245-50ZR-16 Rear tires
Halogen 60/100 watt H-1 Headlights
Halogen 55 watt Fog lights
Pioneer Super tuner III High power CD player
Pioneer 4 Way 6 X 9 front Speakers
Pioneer 3 Way 4 X 10 Rear Speakers
Corvette Tilt/Telescopic Steering wheel and Column
“Gurney Built” Carbon/Kevlar Seats developed from the 1993 Toyota GTP Car driven by JUAN MANUEL FANGIO II,
Adjustable/ removable (fits a driver 6’1” tall with helmet under 200lbs, lots of room)
RCI Cam-Lock Type 5-Point 3”Racing Harness: Pull-Down / Lap Belt Adjusters / grade 8 bolts through Frame
Wink Mirror, Radar detector mount and wiring
Custom built pedal set /roller gas & Morse cable / Dual brake cylinder / Hydraulic Clutch
Silent paging alarm with remote arm/disarm / 5 mile range / Interior/ Exterior proximity radar senor
Full Console with Heat and a/c, all ducts
A/C compressor never installed (for weight/HP), all other A/C parts/hoses complete
All interior panels removable with Zeus fittings
Full set Stewart Warner deluxe gauges
Vitaloni California Mirrors
DOT Rollup Driver and passenger glass windows
DOT windshield and rear window
Looks pretty nice. I can only appreciate the car but not afford to purchase it