5/19

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nonsenselancer
    Participant

Hey everyone.

I’ve never gone to C&C before.

Anything I should look out for? thumbup

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 67778 wrote:

Hey everyone.

I’ve never gone to C&C before.

Anything I should look out for? thumbup

Are you showing your car or just spectating?

Either way, get there earlier than later. Try shooting for 630am at latest because they are gone by 8-830ish latest.

nonsenselancer
    Participant

@Notorious 67800 wrote:

Are you showing your car or just spectating?

Either way, get there earlier than later. Try shooting for 630am at latest because they are gone by 8-830ish latest.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I ended up not going. I should be there this week, though.

Is there any “requirement” as to what you should show, as opposed to simply spectating? Is there a certain bar that the car must reach?

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 69479 wrote:

Sorry for not replying sooner. I ended up not going. I should be there this week, though.

Is there any “requirement” as to what you should show, as opposed to simply spectating? Is there a certain bar that the car must reach?

Hard to say, it’s up to the person at the entrance who has to ensure the integrity of the meet because she has to keep it interesting and there are only so many spots in the lot.

I drive a Lotus Elise with some mods and she always waves me in and sometimes when it’s full, she’ll have me wait until a spot clears when someone leaves.

I’ve seen her turn away cars like stock Corvettes and Porsche 911’s in front of me though, because… honestly… there are a lot of those cars that show up, sometimes you can see 2 or 3 complete rows of those cars in there and I think that’s just a bit excessive unless it’s that designated marque weekend.

She also turns away the occasional person who does not know where to go and pull up in the 8 year old SUV or minivan or that maroon 1998 Mustang V6 with the 3 spoke rims.

What do you drive?

nonsenselancer
    Participant

Truth be told, it’s a Honda. I have seen fairly “ordinary” cars in pictures of past events, like Z3s and MINIs. /shrug

I guess it just depends on how busy it gets.

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 69481 wrote:

Truth be told, it’s a Honda. I have seen fairly “ordinary” cars in pictures of past events, like Z3s and MINIs. /shrug

I guess it just depends on how busy it gets.

Very true. Also sometimes people do barge in and what can she do? Get run over? Sometimes people just sneak in too or sometimes they just get in early before there is a crowd and she has to start clamping down.

But my thing is, you know what the meet is for, you know what cars are interesting, you know what people want to see, and yes, you may love your stock 1997 light blue metallic Z3 1.9L with original 155,606 miles, but that doesn’t mean it belongs in C&C. People just have to be honest with themselves and think about the whole point of this show and why people travel from far and wide to Irvine this early on a Saturday morning.

nonsenselancer
    Participant

I was actually contemplating parking it next to a friend’s car: BRZ vs CR-Z. 😆

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 69494 wrote:

I was actually contemplating parking it next to a friend’s car: BRZ vs CR-Z. 😆

Nothing wrong with that. It will be hilarious. There have been a few BRZ and FRS showing up and exhibiting… for now. Give it a few months after the newness wears off and it will be another Scion.

nonsenselancer
    Participant

@Notorious 69516 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. It will be hilarious. There have been a few BRZ and FRS showing up and exhibiting… for now. Give it a few months after the newness wears off and it will be another Scion.

I was hoping to clean the car, but the carwash was closed today, due to the weird weather.

I guess I won’t display it. I don’t want to display a dirty car.

I’ll just snap as many pictures as possible!

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 69517 wrote:

I was hoping to clean the car, but the carwash was closed today, due to the weird weather.

I guess I won’t display it. I don’t want to display a dirty car.

I’ll just snap as many pictures as possible!

Just take it to one of those drive through automated washes at a gas station and then wipe the windows down. It’ll be fine.

nonsenselancer
    Participant

@Notorious 69519 wrote:

Just take it to one of those drive through automated washes at a gas station and then wipe the windows down. It’ll be fine.

banghead

I hadn’t thought of those. Too late now…

Well, we’ll see what happens.

benzjed
    Participant

@SGJ91 69520 wrote:

banghead

I hadn’t thought of those. Too late now…

Well, we’ll see what happens.

Did you go and see all the Lotuses there?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.